Sunday, August 8, 2010

Zebra rocks!

So I thought I dont need another Software Synth in my palette until I stumbled across u-he's Zebra two days ago. Downloaded the demo, watched some tutorials and started building patches right away. After so much mainly sample based programming in the last weeks this encounter is really inspiring. This synth is just so well designed, the sound varieties one can create even with only one Oscillator are stunning, not to speak of big patches with lot's of Intermodulation between several Oscillators and Filters going on. The Waveform morphing feature is exceptional, just draw your own waveforms and start modulating between the different waves. The Zebrafy Plug-In is also very useful for creating crazy Midi-controlled FX. So if I build +/- 2 patches a day from now own I should release my first Zebra Bank in a month or so. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

please post a comment