Thursday, August 5, 2010

patchpool - what's next?

So in he past weeks I've been working like crazy to produce more content for patchpool. Lot's of Kontakt patches were published, some Alchemy patches as well and I also started publishing a selection of my Library sounds hosted on Libraries like Audiosparx/1soundfx/AudioMicro and Soundsnap as I eventually want to become independent and do my own thing instead of paying 50-60% shares of each sold soundfile to the owners of those Libraries. Sales are picking up and I'm confident that patchpool will become a great online resource for unusual and special Sounds, Presets and Patches for all sorts of virtual instruments and Plug-Ins but also for Film post production and Sound Design.

Currently there are more Kontakt patches in the making. One of them is another collection from my Piano Destruction Library - Spadehacks. For this patch I took all the soundfiles I recorded last year containing impacts of a metal spade destroying the interior of an upright piano. I truncated all the single spade hits inside Kontakt leaving the original files intact resulting in an instrument with 8 octaves full of superb percussive impact and string sounds. I also made a cool Impulse Response with Aether Reverb which adds a nice space to those samples. Here are 3 Loops made with the new Instrument I published today on Audiosparx:
Spadehack Loop 1
Spadehack Loop 2
Spadehack Loop 3

Another patch in the making is Pot Percussion. I multisampled the biggest pot from my kitchen which has a nice gamelanish sound, hitting it with a wooden cooking spoon on the bottom, bottom edge and side in 5 velocity layers with up to 10X Round Robin per layer. This will actually a collection of several patches/nkis as layering the sounds differently in Kontakt offers so many varieties.

I will keep you informed what's coming next on patchpool. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

please post a comment